I already posted this mod on various forums and had Hackaday article written about it, but I thought it would be cool to write a few words about it here.
I got it broken, so cheap and repaired it (power amp transistors dead). Then, I decided to add a remote control by motorizing the knobs.
And how it’s made inside:
You can download a pdf document describing the electronics and mechanics here:
The next step of this project will be to make a standalone remote control. I already have some ideas (RF link, controls on a touch sensitive surface, LED feedback), but I have to find a solution for the casing. Maybe something 3D-printed.